No matter how simple your structure or complex your procedures, excellent customer support revolves around empathy. To put empathy into practice, CBSnews recommends asking these questions in every customer interaction.
- How does the person I'm trying to help feel?
- How would I feel if I were that person?
- No matter the request or the "rules," is there something I can/should do to help?
- What would I expect to be done for me if the roles were reversed?
- In the end, what would make this customer satisfied or (better yet) happy, and is there any reason I can't do it or find someone who can?